Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Last Flowering Flush of Autumn

Pink Dahlias

I am not ready for the flowers to be gone.


Autumn Fairy Pumpkin Cottage

Jack Frost has been visiting the gardens overnight and leaving his mark.


Rainbow garden border inspired by Lois Ehlert's wonderful book, "Planting a Rainbow"

But I still have plants to PLANT!  I am not ready for it all to be done!

I am not usually this sentimental about my growing seasons.  The only time I usually feel this way is when a baby is on the way and I am waiting.  I never have my babies before their due dates and carry them well into 42 weeks.  My gardens are a beautiful distraction.

Potager corner from a different view

But, here I am.  There is no baby due.  There is no need for floral distractions.
  
Yet, I disapprove of the cold coming to put my gardens to bed.

Potager at dusk

Pink Dahlia in Hobnail Milk Glass Vase

So, I bring some inside to make it last a little longer...

Purple Bell Pepper and Flower

...and harvest what remains.


No comments:

Post a Comment